The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights and there is no racial hatred or racial discrimination.
The New Brunswick Area Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NBAB-NAACP) works to:
- achieve equality of rights and eliminate racial prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- improve the political, educational, social and economic status of minority groups;
- seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- take lawful action to secure its elimination, consistent with the efforts of the national organization and in conformity with the articles of incorporation of the association, its constitution and by-laws and as directed by the national board of directors.